Vastu Shastra observes workings of the natural forces to record the influence of sun rays, land composition, and magnetic poles on the living beings. The basic principle for the garden involves harmonious working of the 5 elements – soil (earth), wind (air), sun (fire), and space or water. This enables the germination of the seeds, its healthy growth, and development. Any imbalance related to these elements leads to an irreversible damage in the worst case otherwise slowing the growth.
Here are some things to keep in mind when designing your home garden.
• As per the vaastu rules the garden should be in West or North side, within borders of compound.
• Each garden area has association with an element according to vastu expert in Dubai. The southwest area is the earth creating a force to sustain and ground. The water stands for the northeast area and it helps with flourishing of the flora, the fire is for southeast part and it keeps plant free from diseases. The northwest part represents the air and it promotes cross-pollination and finally the central area represents space and it increases positive energy flow nourishing other elements.
• Positive energy generated from northwest direction with eastern solar energies encourages stability and harmony as per vaastuforartofliving.com.
• Plant the smaller shrubs in north or east parts of the garden, the tall trees in the southwest parts away from buildings. The large mango trees go best in the west or the south portions away from structures. The basil or the tulsi should be in east, northeast, or the north direction. Plant this on either side of pathway leading from main gate up to home entrance.
• Auspicious trees in the garden for vastu Dubai include bakul, coconut, lemon, pineapple, jackfruit and the trees include saffron, basil, saffron, jasmine, and more.
Know more about vaastu for art of living with Dr Padmaja, a vastu expert in Dubai.