The toilet is an important component of a home and as such should be built keeping Vaastu tips in mind. Here is what Vaastu says about your toilet or bathroom.
- According to vaastu, the bathroom should always be located in the North or the Northwest part of the house. If located in the wrong direction, it can lead to health and financial problems. Placement of bathroom in the South, South-east and South-west directions should be avoided. If the toilet is in the south it can cause bad effects on the health of female members of the family.
- The toilet should always be located in west or north-west direction. The toilet should not be constructed in the center, East or Northeast portions of the house. Also, the toilet seat should be placed such that the individual is facing the North or the South. The toilet should not be adjacent to the kitchen, pooja room or under the stairs.
- The electrical appliances and the switchboard should be installed in the south east corner of the bathroom or toilet. Showers and taps should be fixed in the north direction. Bath tubs can be placed in the east, west or even the northeast directions. You can put the wash basin and the shower in the north, east or the northeast directions. The north is a good place for hanging a vanity mirror.
- A water closet can be placed in the west and south direction of the toilet. The water closet is best placed near a window or an outer wall.
- The bathroom floor’s slope should be to the North. It should not slope away to the south west and the south east directions.
- The septic tank should be located in the northwest direction of the house. The level of the septic tank should be higher than that of the floor level of the building.
- The toilet door should be in the north or the east direction. The toilet door should never be placed in the south west direction.
- In the toilet there should be a small and airy window in the east, west or the north directions. Do not place the window in the south direction as it will have adverse reactions on the health of the occupants.
- Choose white, sky blue or light blue tiles for the bathroom. Avoid colors like black and deep red. The lightened tiles will impart a fresh look to your bathroom.
- The floor in the bathroom should be sloped towards the east or the north directions.
Follow these Vaastu tips for your bathroom/toilet and you will be setting yourself up for a happy and contended life in your new home.