As per Vastu Shastra, the main door of a house is not only an entrance for its inhabitants but also for positive energies. It serves as a connection between the indoors and outdoors, and its direction is crucial in determining the flow of good luck and happiness into the residence. To learn about the correct direction for your main door, read on below.
1) Main door must be in one of the many positive zones and not just limited to NE direction
2) Main door must be clutter free with no garbage bin, damaged furniture next to it. It’s good to have fresh plants, clean door mat near the entrance.
3) Main entrance may be energised with symbols/verses based on one’s religion/ belief
4) Main entrance or house number must be easy to locate. It must not have any obstruction in the pathway
5) Ideally no other door must open in line with the main door. In case there is, the door must be kept closed as often as possible
6) A nameplate is very important for the entrance. This may be made in an element depending on the direction of the house
7) Creaking/ damaged doors must be rectified immediately. One may also paint it in a color supporting the direction