Vastu Shastra lays specific guidelines for many aspects relating to a house like design, lay-out and even for planting auspicious plants and trees around your house. Vastu is a science that supports every guideline with a logical and scientific reason.
This article is an eye-opener regarding the do’s and don’ts for planting small plants and trees in your garden.
- According to Indian vastu, small shrubs have to be planted in the north or east. However, the north-east corner of the house should not be blocked with as they hinder the penetration of sunlight.
- Tall trees such as coconut have to be planted in the west or south-west and that too at a little distance from the house. This is because they hamper the sunlight completely.
- Large trees such as banyan, peepal should be avoided near the house as their roots can damage the foundation of the house. Moreover, positive sun-rays are also prevented from entering the house.
- Tulsi or the basil plant should be planted in the east, north or the north-east sides of the house. They are extensively used for preparing Ayurvedic medicines.
- Vastu Shastra consultant, Dr. Padmaja advises not to plant thorny plants near the house. Cactus should be strictly avoided. All the thorny plants except the roses attract lot of negative energy. If you find any thorny plants near the house, you should destroy them.
- Vastu expert Dubai Dr. Padmaja Yadav also suggests that the creepers should not be grown with the compound wall or the building as a support. This can damage the walls and also leads to seepage problems. A creeper can be planted in the garden using other trees as support.
- Keeping flower pots on the compound wall of the house in the east, north-east or the north direction should be avoided. Instead they can be kept on the ground in these sides.
If you want to know more about vastu for positive space home, you may visit her website www.vaastuforartofliving.com. You can also email at firstname.lastname@example.org to Dr. Padmaja who is a vaastu consultant in Dubai practising both Vaastu Shastra and Feng Shui.