The hilarity of children, the joy of parents, and the love of grandparents! These are the beautiful gems of a family that are cherished in togetherness. We all are meant to live in peace, love and harmony. Family is the substratum of it. The age-old model of Vastu Shastra has guidelines to enhance positive bonding and strengthen affinity and connection among the members of a family. These codes of conduct, which are backed by scientific reasoning, can bring out a state of equilibrium and convenience for everyone.
Let us tune into that peace by making a few changes that are simple yet important:
- For healthy relations in the family, place a beautiful family photograph in the south-west direction in a yellow or golden frame.
- A rising sun brings out many possibilities for life. Place a picture of rising sun in the east direction of your house. This will enhance healthy social relations of the family members.
- For healthy and affluent marital relations, the wife should sleep on the left side of her husband. Let there be no dividing mattress on the bed, a single fitting one would be best.
- To augment the interest of kids in studies, their study table should be placed in the east direction of room.
- Place the pictures of late family members on the south wall or south-west corner of the house. Do not keep them in places of worship. This helps in achieving more fulfilling and happier relations in the family.
- Store room or storage units should be located towards the South direction for security and abounding happiness.
- Family members will be more peaceful if heavy and permanent items are placed in the South-west corner of the house. In the opposite direction – North and North-East, there should be lighter items.
- Windows of the house should be in the east direction as it is considered auspicious. Keep them open and clean to let the positive energy enter into the house. This measure overcomes several doshas and strengthens the bond of respect among elders and young ones.
- Similarly, keep the head of the bed in the east direction or else it should be in the south direction.
- Religious books should be placed in the west direction. Medical reports, medicines, and such other prescriptions should be placed in the midway between North and North East.
For vastu matters related to family, you are welcome to take professional counsel of Dr. Padmaja.