Industrial vastu has its roots attributed to the Indian continent. Over the years it has evolved to a great extent with the introduction of new and developed vastu techniques.
Industries should be planned according to the vastu principles. Though, the functioning of each industry is different, the basic vaastu principles remain the same. The adherence to vastu principles is necessary while drawing the plan of the industry, at the stage of construction, during installation of machinery, at the production department, the dispatch department etc. Adherence to vaastu principles leads to increase in production, sales and profits, ensures smooth functioning of the industry without any kind of labour troubles and other problems.
In this article Dr. Padmaja, Vastu Shastra Consultant provides some of the guidelines for industrial vastu.
- Lots of open space should be provided in the north and east than in the south and the west.
- The slopes of the floor should be more towards north, north-east and the eastern direction rather than in the west and the south.
- Thinner walls must be in the east and north directions and thicker walls must be in the west and southern directions.
- The staircase should always be in the south-west direction.
- The underground water tanks should always be in the north-east.
- The south-west side should have the overhead tank.
- Toilets should be constructed in the west and the north-west. They should strictly not be in the south-west or north-east.
- The office blocks and the administrative office should be constructed in the south west side.
- North-west side should have the outhouse and staff quarters.
- Heavy machinery should always be placed in the west, south or the south-west.
- Strictly avoid heavy equipment and machineries in the centre and north-east portion of the building.
- The burners or heat zone ovens, furnace transformers, generators and chimneys must be placed in the south-east portion of the building.
- Beams should not run above the workers or the machineries.